Staff have developed training and education programs on family violence for organizations, community groups, government and educational institutions. We operate outreach and support services in West Prince, East Prince, Queen’s County and Eastern PEI.
- OUTREACH SERVICES are confidential support services for abused women. Staff provide one on one support, information, public education, referrals to other agencies and advocacy on behalf of women. This service is available in Queen’s County, East Prince, West Prince Regions and Eastern PEI.
- ANDERSON HOUSE is the provincial emergency shelter for women and children who are in need of safety because of violence in their lives. Anderson House services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Anderson House provides confidential support and information.
- SECOND STAGE HOUSING offers safe and supportive accommodation for women and children who wish to make a change in their lives after they stay at Anderson House. Second Stage Housing provides an opportunity to think about and plan for a future without fear. The residency is up to one year with rent-geared-to-income or rent ceiling set by the Department of Community Services and Canada Mortgage and Housing.
- SUPPORT & INFORMATION PHONE LINE Anderson House also operates a 24 hour toll free crisis and support line. All calls are confidential. 1-800-240-9894 (PEI)
- SUPPORT GROUPS offer women education, support, and an opportunity to share experiences. Groups are available across the province through Outreach Services.
- PUBLIC EDUCATION PEI Family Violence Prevention Services Inc offers education and training programs for community groups, businesses and educational institutions. Presentations are designed to meet the needs of the group and are available upon request.
- YOUTH PROGRAM We provide programming that helps youth establish healthy relationships, free from violence.