Thank you for your generosity! Your donation at any level makes a difference and we thank you for your support.
Charitable Tax # 131905614RR0001
E-transfers can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use password: PEIFVPS
Also, please include your name and email address in the notes.
Checks made payable to “PEI Family Violence Prevention” (or if you prefer, “Anderson House”) can be sent to:
PEI Family Violence Prevention Services
PO Box 964
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7M4
To charge your donation to your Visa or Mastercard, please call 902-894-3354 Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
Gift of Securities
You can maximize your philanthropic gift to PEI FVPS by donating securities!
By giving securities such as publicly traded shares or mutual funds, in-kind to a registered charity, you pay zero capital gains tax on the appreciated value of your securities. That means it is even more tax-advantageous for you to make a gift of stock rather than cash.
|Selling shares and donating cash||Donating shares
|Value of donation||$100,000||$100,000|
|Taxable capital gain||$45,000||$0|
|Tax on capital gain||$20,250||$0|
|Donation tax credit||$45,000||$45,000|
|Net tax savings||$24,750||$45,000|
|Cost of $100,000 gift||$75,250||$55,000|
Assumes marginal tax rate and donation tax credit of 45%
More information on the tax rules associated with the charitable donations of securities can be found on the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website at www.cra-arc.gc.ca/donors.
Choosing to remember PEI Family Violence Prevention Services with a gift in your Will is the perfect way to ensure your support of those we serve, continues for years to come.
How to leave a legacy
- Prepare a will.
- Leave a gift in your will for PEI Family Violence Prevention Services.
- Leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your assets to PEI Family Violence Prevention Services.
- Consider using assets for your legacy gift.
- Name PEI Family Violence Prevention Services as a beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF or pension plan.
- Name PEI Family Violence Prevention Services as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy.
- Purchase a new life insurance policy naming PEI Family Violence Prevention Services as the beneficiary.
- Ask your financial or estate planning advisor to include charitable giving as part of your financial plan.
For more information or to explore any of these giving opportunities, please contact Lindsay Merrill at email@example.com or 894-3354 ext. 222