PEI Family Violence Prevention Services Inc has been working to end abuse on Prince Edward Island since 1981. Our services include:
- OUTREACH SERVICES are confidential support services for those impacted by abuse. Staff provide one on one support, information, public education, referrals to other agencies and advocacy on behalf of clients. This service is available across the island through our regional offices in Queen’s County, East Prince, West Prince, and Eastern PEI.
- ANDERSON HOUSE is the provincial emergency shelter for women, trans, and non-binary individuals, and their children, who are in need of safety because of violence in their lives. Anderson House services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- SECOND STAGE HOUSING offers safe and supportive accommodation for clients in need of transitional housing. Second Stage Housing provides an opportunity to think about and plan for a future without fear. The residency is generally up to one year.
- SUPPORT & INFORMATION PHONE LINE Anderson House also operates a 24-hour, toll-free crisis and support line. All calls are confidential. You can reach someone by calling 1-800-240-9894 (PEI) or 902-892-0960. Support is also available by texting these numbers from 7am to 10pm, or by using the chat bubble found at the bottom of the screen.
- SUPPORT GROUPS offer education, support, and an opportunity to share experiences. Groups are available across the province through Outreach Services.
- PUBLIC EDUCATION PEI Family Violence Prevention Services Inc offers education and training programs for community groups, businesses, and educational institutions. Presentations are designed to meet the needs of the group and are available upon request.
- YOUTH PROGRAMMING We provide programming that helps youth establish healthy relationships, free from violence.