PEI Family Violence Prevention Services
West Prince Region
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
The primary role of the Outreach Coordinator is to provide confidential one-on-one support, information and follow-up services to abused women and their families. The Outreach Coordinator also provides the community with public education regarding the impact of domestic violence in society.
Principle Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Assessment of client needs
- Provide information and support to women who are or have been in abusive relationships
- Provide support to former residents of Anderson House
- Offer appropriate referrals to other agencies or services
- Accompany clients to other appointments (financial assistance, Victim Services, Court, etc.) when requested
- Client advocacy
- Provide support groups and self help group for women as required
- Liaise with other community services and other professionals as required
- Provide administrative and/or program support for second stage housing
Public Education and Prevention:
- Conduct public presentations on the issue of family violence
- Participate in community committees as required
- Represent FVPS on selected Committees or Advisory groups
- Promote FVPS as a referral source to the community and other agencies and professionals
- Provide training opportunities for various professional groups and community organization
- Engage with communities in prevention activities and programs
- Write reports as required.
- Keep appropriate documentation on the services provided.
- Participate in meetings with Outreach Coordinators from across the Province.
- Provide the day to day management of the regional office and programs.
- Provide for the day to day supervision of administrative, program or project staff.
- Provide for the administration of second stage housing in terms of client intake, financial management and maintenance.
- Participate in staff meetings, clinical consultation sessions, performance evaluation, and staff training opportunities.
- Maintain awareness of FVPS’s other services, programs, and projects.
- Keep informed of other community services available.
- Maintain currency in the area of violence against women and children.
Education and Experience:
- A university degree in Social Work or Counseling is preferable.
- A diploma in human services from a recognized college.
- Or combination of experience and training.
- Have five years of experience in human services with a focus on the issues of domestic violence.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Possess active and empathetic listening skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Have ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be organized and adaptable.
- Have non-judgmental attitudes and beliefs.
- Have a commitment to personal growth and development
- Have the ability to provide feminist analysis on the issues of violence against women.
- Have good assessment and case management skills.
- Excellent working knowledge and application of Windows OS, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office, Power point, email programs, cloud based storage systems and the internet
This position works in an office environment with subject matter requiring a high degree of confidentiality. In addition, the Outreach Coordinator is required to meet with clients in a variety of community setting, which may require significant travel. The Outreach Coordinator must be able to interact with people from all economic, educational and cultural backgrounds. Outreach Coordinator must be able to work flexible hours.
Wage: $18.74-23.07 per hour
Closing Date: Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 at 4:00pm
Start Date: March 2018 (flexible start date)
Applications: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com