Administrative Support Services
Location: East Prince Region, to be cross trained in Charlottetown office
Job Type: Permanent, full time.
Position Summary: The Administrative Support Services position has key responsibility to provide administrative support to the Outreach Coordinator/Executive Director and initial response to clients and members of the community. This position is an essential and key point of contact on behalf of PEI Family Violence Prevention Services for funders, donors, and external stakeholders.
Administrative Support Services:
- Receives visitors to the office in a professional manner and assists them with their inquiry
- Receives incoming calls and mail to the office and directs them appropriately.
- Maintain the filing system and donation records ensuring that all paper and electronic documents are filed appropriately and in a timely manner
- Assist with the representation of organization in community fundraising events
- Keeps the Outreach Coordinator and Executive Director informed of any critical issues with respect to administration of office
- Forward timesheet information monthly, record and forward to Operations Manager for processing payroll.
- Manage a petty cash fund for the office ensuring receipts are provided for all cash and the fund balances each month
- Complete receipts for all cash or cheques received by the organization and deposit funds at bank, forward all documentation to Operations Manager
- Order and purchase office supplies as required
- Work with the Outreach Coordinator or Executive Director to prepare special project reports or grant applications and provide other administrative or word processing support as required.
- Provide data entry into case management system as required
- Prepare background resource materials for meetings
- Keep record of project expenses
- Catalogue and maintain resource materials
Second Stage Administration:
- Maintain Second Stage filing system
- Ensure completion of tenant leases and financial forms
- Collection of rent and arrears rent
- Routine inspections of Second Stage property
- Maintaining a maintenance schedule
- Contacting appropriate trades people
- Tendering out of routine maintenance requirements
- Maintaining and updating Second Stage policy manual
- Respond to after-hours calls from Second Stage tenants, as required
Outreach Support Services:
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with women in crisis and be knowledgeable of local and provincial resources and refer accordingly
- Assist in providing and promoting family violence prevention program
- Assist in providing family violence prevention activities in the community
- Assist in supporting Outreach Coordinators caseload
- Assist in providing public presentations on the issues of family violence
- Assist in the coordinating of fundraising projects and family violence prevention activities
- Liaise with other groups and service providers
- Assist in providing support services to client group initiatives
Education and Training:
Applicant should have degree or diploma in office management or equivalent experience in a comparable position; additional training in Human Services would be an asset.
Experience working in an administrative capacity in the non-profit sector and with a Board of Directors, experience managing a small office, experience with assisting clients, experience working with volunteers, experience working with community stakeholders, partners and donors.
$17.00-19.78 per hour
Closing date: 4:00pm, Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Start date: Monday, October 16, 2017
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com